Edel and Aaron share their beautiful wedding filled with vintage finds and 1930's glamour in Rathmullan House, Donegal.
Edel and Aaron both live in Dublin but knew they wanted to celebrate their wedding in Edel’s home county of Donegal.
Rathmullan House was the perfect venue, the comfortable homely feel of a beautiful authentic country house, with an exclusivity policy and tranquil gardens by the coast. It was the perfect place for their guests to chill out and relax.
Edel took inspiration from the 1930s adding some vintage elegance throughout the day, with the stationery especially designed with Art Deco fonts to give that olde worlde feel.
"It was also lots of fun collecting vintage props to bring together the vintage feel for the big day".
The pair kicked off the party with a bang, with a champagne fountain built with vintage champagne coupes, getting everyone into the party mood right from the start.
“What really made our wedding so special was the effort our friends made to be there for us not just the wedding day but the whole weekend. Our guests travelled from all over the world to be with us and it was amazing for us to be able to celebrate with them together with our families. We had all the people we love together in one place for three days and this made our celebration so special.”
The Wedding Details
- Ceremony: St Colmcille’s Church, Glendowan, Co. Donegal
- Reception: Rathmullan House
- Photographer: Darek Novak
- Wedding Dress: Patrick Casey
- Bridesmaid's dress: Ghost
- Shoes: Rainbow
- Flowers: Green Stock Flowers
- Groomsmen suits: Reiss
- Accessories: Etsy/ Antique Jewllers, Dublin
- Cars: Ramelton Vintage Wedding Car Hire
- Stationery: Marley Press
- Make Up: Emma Hannah
- Hair: Vintage Rocks
- Wedding Bands: Conway’s Jewellers
- Ceremony Music: Katie Hughes
- Wedding Band: The Ratzingers /DJ Jimmy Bee